Each year I like to make ornaments to add to my tree and I wanted to share a quick and easy project with you guys that you can make using old t-shirts:
1. Starting with on old t-shirt (or in this case a tank top) cut and rip 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide strips.
2. Once you've ripped the shirt into a pile of knit strips, you're ready to make them into a pom. It's OK if the t-shirt strips are varying lengths and widths.
3. Wrap the strips around your a piece of cardboard slightly bigger than the width of the pom-pom you want. When you hit the end of a strip, just layer the second strip over the end and keep wrapping around.
4. Once you have layered on the strips of t-shirts, pull the ball off the cardboard and tie an additional strip tightly around the center with a double knot.
5. Squeeze the scissors into the layers of t-shirt strips and cut them in half.
6. Now, you should have a slightly lumpy looking pom-pom. From here, fluff up the edges and then trim it into the an even shape.
Finally, tie it onto an ornament hook or present and you've got a festive handmade holiday decoration!