It may not look like anything fancy, but what it lacks in style, this cake makes up for in decadence. I was originally introduced to "Better than Sex Cake" in high-school and it remains one of the most crowd-pleasing recipes in my repertoire. I can't claim anything fancy about this dessert, and its full of over-processed grocery store ingredients, but every once and a while you need a treat.
1 Boxed Chocolate Cake Mix
Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
Caramel or Chocolate Ice-Cream Topping (or both)
6 Heath Candy Bars
Tub of Frozen Whipped Topping (ie Cool Whip)
1. Bake the chocolate cake according to the directions, adding chocolate chips to the batter before placing into the oven.
2. Chop up the Heath bars.
A few minutes after you pull the cake out of the oven (while it is still warm):
1. Poke a bunch of holes into the cake with a fork or the back of the spoon.
2. Sprinkle 1/2 of the toffee chunks onto the cake (make sure to get some in the holes)
3. Pour the sweetened condensed milk and carmel topping on the cake; making sure to pour it into the holes.
5. Frost the cake with the Cool Whip.
6. Sprinkle the remaining Heath bar chunks on top of the whipped topping. (These add the crunch!) Sometimes I drizzle a bit of chocolate or caramel sauce for added decoration.
7. Refrigerate (It's best if it's been refrigerated for at least a couple hours)
and.... share with friends!