As spring rolls around, denim cutoffs tend to become a wardrobe staple. I've got a couple colors and lengths, but this time I decided to play around with a little bleach.
Using a bleach pen and some scissors, I turned an old pair of jeans into a fun pair of polka dot cutoffs!
The process was super simple:
- Cut off old jeans to preferred length
- Cut cardboard or thick paper to line the shorts (so the bleach doesn't soak through)
- Use a bleach pen (like this) to draw dots onto the shorts
- Wait... (I let my bleach soak overnight for almost white spots, but I also did a test for about 30 minutes which works great if you want more tonal polka dots)
- Rinse out the bleach, and wash and dry your pants as normal
Here are the end results!